benjamin f spector
i am a first-year phd student in cs at stanford working with the amazing chris re. i make ml go brr.
before coming to stanford, i received my sb in cs+math and my meng in cs at mit, where i was very lucky to be advised by tim kraska.
reach me via carrier pigeon.
things i did
- the halite programming competition
- learned string index structures for in-memory databases (thesis)
- [poster] characterization and performance predictions of l-mode plasmas in the sparc tokamak (apsdpp2021)
- bounding the last mile: efficient learned string indexing (aidb@vldb2021)
- preventing adversarial use of datasets through fair core-set construction (priml@neurips2019)
- sample-efficient reinforcement learning through transfer and architectural priors (ciai@nips2017)
sometimes i write
- ai economics
- the generation game
- the pricing wars
- the scale mindset is expensive
- a love letter to mit's blackboards
- effective startup ideation
- specialization and the hive mind